Fans are encouraged to arrive to the ballpark early, as all fans will be screened using metal detecting wands upon entering the facility. Among other safety precautions, the Pirates announced an increased police and security presence in and around PNC Park.
In addition to the increased presence, a scheduled Pittsburgh Police check of all North Shore parking lots will occur shortly after the first act takes the stage. At that time, all non-ticketed guests will be asked to leave the parking lots as tailgating will not be allowed while the show is in progress.
The North Shore Drive from Tony Dorsett Drive to Mazeroski Way and Mazeroski Way from North Shore Drive to West General Robinson, in front of PNC Park, will be closed to through traffic following the Pirates Wednesday, July 23, 7:05 p.m. game. The roads will reopen at approximately 11 p.m. on Monday, July 28.
The Clemente Bridge and Federal Street will be closed on Saturday, July 26 starting at 4 a.m. for the event. Allegheny Avenue south of Reedsdale Street may be closed by Police prior to 2 p.m. and at various other times as dictated by traffic congestion.
North Shore Parking
All lots on the North Shore will open at 2 p.m. Absolutely no queuing of vehicles will be permitted prior to lots opening as Pittsburgh Police will ensure no vehicles line-up outside lots in advance of 2 p.m.
While the surrounding surface lots are designated for tailgating, there will be no tailgating permitted in the parking garages. Allegheny Center, the North Shore and WGRS garages are available for purchase as is Gold Lot 1, located between PNC Park and Heinz Field. Presold Parking -- Gold Lot 2, Lot 6 and Lot 5A -- are sold out.
Alco Parking Corporation is committed to creating an enjoyable parking experience for all fans. To provide visitors the safest and most enjoyable tailgating experience, all guests are asked to be aware of the following PARKING LOT CODE OF CONDUCT.
Guests must follow the directions of parking lot staff and park within the space designated for personal use. Extra spaces WILL NOT BE SOLD. Tailgating is to be contained to the paid space only.
- Solicitation, commercial or otherwise is prohibited.
- The sale of food and alcohol is prohibited.
- Glass containers are prohibited.
- Tents are prohibited.
- Personal port-a-johns are prohibited.
- Furniture is prohibited (other than folding lawn chairs & tables).
- Limos, RVs, motorhomes and any other oversized vehicles are prohibited.
- Guests must comply with city police who will patrol all parking areas to keep the aisles clear and to enforce regulations.
- Guests will be asked to go into the concert no later than 7:30 pm.
- Guests are asked to leave the parking areas no later than 1 hour following the end of the concert.
Guests are responsible for their conduct. Failure to comply with the parking lot code of conduct will result in immediate City of Pittsburgh Police intervention.
All guests entering the North Shore lots will also be provided with trash and recycling bags and are asked to please place all trash in the provided bags. Additional trash bins will be available in lots for guests to dispose of their trash.
Alco will conduct a preliminary trash pickup during the concert, followed by a detailed and thorough overnight clean up. All lots will be cleaned and ready to reopen at 11 a.m. on Sunday, July 27 in preparation of the AC Milan vs Manchester City, Guinness International Champions Cup soccer match at Heinz Field.
Fans not holding pre-sold parking passes and arriving after 5 p.m., are encouraged to park in the Golden Triangle. Parking in the Golden Triangle is available for the concert for just $5 in the (9) Parking Authority Garages. Check for space availability via iPhone (ParkPGH); Mobile (m.parkpgh.org); SMS/Text and Voice (412-423-8980).
Concert goers can utilize the free "T" service offered by the Port Authority from the four Golden Triangle stations, as well as the Allegheny Station outside of Heinz Field, to the North Side Station just outside of PNC Park's Trib-Total Media Home Plate Gate. To accommodate the increased traffic, the "T" will utilize additional trains throughout the evening and riders are reminded there are no open containers permitted on the trains.
Other available parking includes:
- Station Square and ride the Gateway Clipper Shuttles - The Gateway Clipper will take fans directly to PNC Park from this location. Children six-years-of-age and under are free.
- River Avenue Lots:
- From North Route 28, exit at the 31st Street Bridge, left towards the Bridge for a short distance, then right onto River Avenue;
- From North I-279, take Exit 2B to East Street and East Ohio Street eastbound to Chestnut Street southbound and right at next traffic signal;
- From West I-376 or East I-376, take I-279 (Ft Duquesne Bridge) northbound to Exit 1D (on right) to Chestnut Ramp (on right); then right on Chestnut Street and right at traffic signal.
- South Hills "T" Lots (for FREE) and ride the "T" to the North Side "T" Station just outside of PNC Park's Trib-Total Media Home Plate Gate.
- Parking west of Allegheny Avenue includes the:
- Carnegie Science Lots;
- Ridge Avenue Lots;
- Fulton Avenue Lot (This lot is located on the north side of the West End Bridge);
- Rivers Casino Garage (Due to Rivers Casino policy, everyone in the vehicle must be 21 years or older to enter the garage).
Concert goers will not be permitted to bring in outside food or beverages of any kind. No bottles, cans, plastic containers, coolers, or any food/beverage items will be permitted into the ballpark. No bags, backpacks or fanny packs of any kind will be permitted into PNC Park with the exception of small women's handbags. Women's handbags will be subject to search before entering. Guests will not be allowed to bring in cameras or recording devices of any kind or laser pointers. Concert goers will not be allowed re-entry.
Tickets and Tour Merchandise
Guests are reminded to only purchase concert tickets from authorized ticket dealers; only authorized tickets will be honored for the concert. Official artist and tour merchandise will be available both outside and inside the ballpark. Once guests have entered PNC Park they will not be permitted to leave the ballpark and re-enter.