The Pirates strongly encourage fans, especially families, to arrive as early as possible as downtown parking and lots close to PNC Park will become filled early on Opening Day. Also fans should allow additional time to enter PNC Park as all guests will be screened with metal detecting wands or be asked to walk through new ballpark upright metal detectors.
In an effort to expedite the screening process, guests are asked to leave all unnecessary metal objects in their vehicles or at home.
FOR DOWNTOWN COMMUTERS AND FANS:
Commuters and fans are encouraged to ride transit the day of the Opener. Fans can utilize the free "T" service offered by the Port Authority from the four Golden Triangle stations, as well as the Allegheny Station outside of Heinz Field, to the North Side Station just outside of PNC Park's Trib-Total Media Home Plate Gate.
For example, fans can park at the CONSOL Energy Center lots and ride the "T" to the doorstep of PNC Park for free. Also, fans who prefer to park west of Allegheny Avenue, can ride the "T" for free from the Allegheny Station outside of Heinz Field to the North Side Station outside of PNC Park.
- CONSOL Energy Center West and South Lots ($7.25) - Enter from Centre Avenue via I-579. Walk two blocks to the Steel Plaza Station and take the free "T" to PNC Park.
- Grant Street Transportation Center (near Convention Center) - Enter via Penn Avenue or 12th Street from the 10th Street bypass. Check for space availability via iPhone (ParkPGH); Mobile(m.parkpgh.org); SMS/Text and Voice (412-423-8980).
- Station Square, Gateway Clipper Shuttle Boats - The Gateway Clipper will take fans directly to PNC Park from this location. Children under turnstile height (30 inches) are free.
- River Avenue Lots
- From I-376, take I-279 (Ft Duquesne Bridge) northbound to Exit 1D (on right) to Chestnut Ramp (on right); then right on Chestnut Street and right at traffic signal.
- From North I-279, take Exit 2B to East Street and East Ohio Street eastbound to Chestnut Street southbound.
- From North Route 28, take River Avenue from 31st Street Bridge exit.
- Carnegie Science Lots - Fans can enter from Casino Drive and ride the free "T" from the Allegheny Station.
- Fulton Avenue Lot - This lot is located on the north side of the West End Bridge. Fans can ride the free "T" from the Allegheny Station.
FOR FANS OVER 21:
- Rivers Casino Garage ($30) - Parking is available in the Rivers Casino Garage. Due to Rivers Casino policy, everyone in the vehicle must be 21 years or older to enter the garage. Fans can ride the free "T" from the Allegheny Station or enjoy the walk to PNC Park via the River Walkway.
In an effort to further ensure the safety of those entering the ballpark, all guests entering PNC Park will be screened with metal detecting wands or be asked to enter through the new ballpark upright metal detectors. Fans are strongly encouraged to arrive early to allow for the increased security measures at PNC Park.
Each guest is permitted to bring one bag into the ballpark. All bags, purses, fanny packs and backpacks 16x16x8-inch or smaller are permitted and subject to search upon entry and within the ballpark. Softsided coolers and soft-sided briefcases are permitted. Hard-sided coolers and briefcases, ice packs and cooler inserts are not permitted. For the convenience of those guests not carrying purses, fanny packs and bags into the ballpark, express lanes are offered at each gate.
Guests are permitted to bring bottled water and food that may fit into a 16x16x8-inch soft-sided bag into the ballpark. Water bottles should not exceed 24 ounces in size, and must be clear, plastic, sealed and disposable. Children's juice boxes and items necessary for medical purposes are permitted. Alcoholic beverages, carbonated beverages, sports drinks, cans, glass bottles and thermoses are not allowed.
Hazardous or disruptive items cannot be brought into the ballpark. Samples of items that are not permitted include boom boxes, inflatable balls, balloons, frisbee discs, laser pointers, fireworks, footballs and weapons of any kind. The Pirates reserve the right to inspect and remove any packages and/or containers.