Pirates personnel and Pirates Charities, the philanthropic arm of the Pirates, will partner with local nonprofits to assist with projects and services as well as visit with schools and organizations in and around the greater Pittsburgh area. Players, coaches, broadcasters and front office employees will donate their time and talents to help make a difference in each community visited.
A complete list of information and community visits will be available soon on pirates.com
The 2013 PirateFest, presented by T-Mobile, will take place once again at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center in downtown Pittsburgh. The weekend includes activities for the entire family such as live events, free autograph sessions with current and former Pirates players, prizes, games, youth baseball clinics, the Pirate Parrot, the ability to purchase tickets for the 2014 season and much more.
Hours for PirateFest, presented by T-Mobile, are as follows:
- Saturday, December 14
- Season Ticket Holders Only: 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Open to the General Public: 12 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Sunday, December 15
- Open to the General Public: 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
This marks the 24th year of the Pirates-themed indoor baseball carnival, the largest indoor celebration of its kind with participation from current Pirates players and coaches as well as alumni and executives.
This year's event will feature the following:
- Free autograph sessions with current and former Pirates players and coaches
- Opportunity to purchase 2014 season and individual game tickets
- All fans attending PirateFest will receive a 2014 Pirates wall calendar, 2014 pocket schedule and PirateFest program upon entrance.
- Q & A sessions with Pirates executives, coaches and players
- The chance for fans to join players in versions of "Card Sharks" or "Let's Make A Deal", take on the Pirate Parrot in "Beat the Parrot," play "Deal Or No Deal" and take part in pierogie eating contests, sponsored by Mrs. T's Pierogies
- Kids Fun Zone featuring many activities for children
- "Pirates Authentics" area to include game-used jerseys, bats, baseballs and more available for purchase
- A charity raffle with proceeds to benefit Pirates Charities
- Pirates Social Media VIP area
- Inflatable rides, batting cages and carnival games
- Information on 2014 Pirates Season Ticket Packages and Group Outings
- Information on the Pirates 2014 promotional schedule
Fans are also encouraged to donate a new toy at the Pirates Charities booth throughout the weekend to support the Allegheny County Department of Human Services Holiday Project. Fans 14 years of age and older making a new toy donation will receive a special Pirates Charities coffee mug (Limit one mug per eligible fan, while supplies last).
Tickets for PirateFest are on sale now at pirates.com/piratefest and are $12.00 for adults and $6.00 for fans ages 14 and younger. Tickets may also be purchased by calling 1-800-BUY-BUCS or at the door at the convention center.
Fans can visit pirates.com/piratefest for more information on the full schedule of events leading up to and throughout the weekend. Schedules will be updated as they are finalized, so fans are encouraged to visit the site regularly.