On Monday, October 7, the Pittsburgh Pirates will host Game Four of the National League Division Series vs. the St. Louis Cardinals with first pitch scheduled for 3:07 p.m. Gates will open at 1 p.m. with pregame ceremonies scheduled to begin at approximately 2:30 p.m.
The Pirates strongly encourage fans, especially families, to arrive as early as possible as downtown parking and lots close to PNC Park will become filled early. The following parking and traffic information will be helpful to those fans coming to the game, as well as downtown commuters.
- The Roberto Clemente Bridge will close to vehicular traffic beginning at 10 a.m.
- All parking lots and garages on the North Shore are closed to commuter traffic.
- North Shore parking near PNC Park will open at 11 a.m. (with event rates).
For Downtown Commuters and Fans:
Fans are strongly encouraged to utilize the free "T" service offered by the Port Authority from the four Golden Triangle stations, as well as the Allegheny Station outside of Heinz Field, to the North Side Station just outside of PNC Park's Trib-Total Media Home Plate Gate.
For example, fans can park at the CONSOL Energy Center lots, new this year, and ride the "T" to the doorstep of PNC Park for free. Also, fans who prefer to park west of Allegheny Avenue, can ride the "T" for free from the Allegheny Station outside of Heinz Field to the North Side Station just outside of PNC Park.
- CONSOL Energy Center West and South Lots ($6 and $7) - new this year. Enter from Centre Avenue via I-579. Walk 1-1/2 blocks to the Steel Plaza "T" Station and take the free "T" to PNC Park.
- Grant Street Transportation Center (near Convention Center) - Enter via Penn Avenue or 12th Street from the 10th Street bypass. Check for space availability via iPhone (ParkPGH); Mobile (m.parkpgh.org); SMS/Text and Voice (412-423-8980). Station Square, Gateway Clipper Shuttle Boats - The Gateway Clipper will take fans directly to PNC Park from this location. Children six years of age and under are free.
• River Avenue Lots
o From I-376, take I-279 (Ft Duquesne Bridge) northbound to Exit 1D (on right) to Chestnut Ramp (on right); then right on Chestnut Street and right at traffic signal.
o From North I-279, take Exit 2B to East Street and East Ohio Street eastbound to Chestnut Street southbound.
o From North Route 28, take East Ohio Street to Chestnut Street southbound.
• Carnegie Science Lots - Fans can enter from Casino Drive and ride the free "T" from the Allegheny Station.
• Fulton Avenue Lot - This lot located on the north side of the West End Bridge. Fans can ride the free "T" from the Allegheny Station.
For Fans Over 21:
• Rivers Casino Garage - Parking is available in the Rivers Casino Garage. Due to Rivers Casino policy, everyone in the vehicle must be 21 years or older to enter the garage. Fans can ride the free "T" from the Allegheny Station or enjoy the walk to PNC Park via the River Walkway.
Media requesting additional information can contact Terry Rodgers, Pirates Coordinator of Business Communications, at (412) 325-4782.