Monday, October 7, 2013-- Pittsburgh Pirates vs. St. Louis Cardinals (3:07 p.m.)
2013 MLB National League Division Series-- Game 4
- Fun on Federal Street: Federal Street will be closed starting at 10 a.m. As with every home game throughout the season, the Clemente Bridge and Federal Street will be closed and used for pedestrian traffic only. There will be activities on Federal Street including Pittsburgh food trucks, the Budweiser Bar and more.
- Gates Open: The PNC Park Riverwalk will open at 12:30 p.m. and PNC Park gates will open to all fans at 1p.m.
- Starting at 12:30 p.m., fans will be able to frequent Skull Island located on the Riverwalk.
- Pregame Ceremony Begins at 2:30 p.m.
- First Pitch: The ceremonial first pitch will be thrown by former Pirates outfielder and three-time All-Star Andy Van Slyke. Van Slyke played with the Pirates from 1987 thru 1994 and was a five-time Rawlings Gold Glove award winner during his time with the Bucs.
- National Anthem: The National Anthem will be performed by Pittsburgh native and Nashville recording artist, Sydney Hutchko.
Television: Fans can watch the National League Division Series Game Three and Four at PNC Park on TBS.
Radio: Fans can tune in to the entire National League Division Series on 93.7 The Fan (93.7 FM) and the Pirates Radio Network.
Around the Park
Rivertowne Brewing Hall of Fame Club, the home of the now famous Brunch Burger, boasts a full service food menu and full bar with a great selection of local & national craft beers, The Rivertowne Brewing Hall of Fame Club continues full service throughout the entirety of the game and up to two hours after the game. The Brunch Burger is an Angus burger (patty is 60% ground beef and 40% ground Bacon) grilled and topped with house made bacon, fried egg, and cheddar cheese served between a grilled glazed donut with black and gold sprinkles.
In addition to the restaurant, ARAMARK will add some new concepts and specialty food stations to enhance the playoff experience at PNC Park.
New for the post-season is Tambellini's Bistro at PNC Park, located off of West General Robinson near the Home Plate entrance. Pittsburgh's own Joseph Tambellini will be on site to walk guests through several of his signature dishes, such as a Roasted Pork Sandwich, Eggplant Parmesan and Chicken Marsala. Tambellini's Bistro at PNC Park will offer a full service bar with high end liquors, cordials, Italian beers and wines. Inside the restaurant, La Prima will be on hand with a full service barista for all of your coffee needs.
Another new location is Skull Island, which is inside the Clemente Centerfield Gate entrance in front of the Picnic Park. This island style bar will feature specialty signature rum cocktails such as spiced warm apple cider, Pirate Rum punch, and Sangria. A selection of premium liquors, wine and beer will also be available. Live music will fill the area until the start of the game.
Along with the already wide variety of specialty food stands, ARAMARK will set up Chef-Attended Action Stations in Sections 101, 108 & 113.
- Section 101 will feature the southern dish Chicken and Waffles with a twist. A tender fried chicken breast is topped with maple aioli and sandwiched between two crispy waffles.
- Section 108 will pull double duty by serving a Grilled Chicken Breast topped with house made guacamole, locally grown tomatoes, and aioli on Brioche bread. The Hurdle Burger makes its debut here as well. This char-grilled burger is topped with queso sauce, roasted Poblano peppers, and pickled red onions on brioche bread.
Section 113 will be dishing out a PNC Park past favorite, as the Stuffed Banana Pepper Sandwich makes its return to the PNC Park's main concourse. This spicy pepper is stuffed with a mixture of hot Italian sausage and mozzarella cheese, topped with a zesty marinara sauce and served on a baguette.
Around the Park- Premium Seating
Lexus Club: Oktoberfest / Buctoberfest enhanced and inspired Chef Table Menu, Fall Beer Samplings, Branded Beer Steins, Passed Hors d'oeuvers to guest waiting to be seated.
Club Level: Oktoberfest Enhanced In-Seat Menu
- Beer Braised Bratwurst with sauerkraut & mustard
- BBQ Pitt signature pulled pork sandwich with spiced pickles
- German Style burger with mushrooms and Swiss on a pretzel bun
- Oktoberfest footlong: Footlong beer braised bratwurst on a fresh bakery rolls with beer cheese and traditional sauerkraut
- BBQ Brisket Slugger: Our BBQ twist on a classic "Burgh" sandwich. Slow smoked beef brisket shaved, on thick sourdough bread
Bridges Burger Company
- Postseason run "STACK" - Our signature grind on fresh baked Breadworks brioche bun. The further they
go… the higher we stack!
- Wild Card triple 14.00
- Division quadruple-18.00
- Conference Stack- 22.00
Parking and Transportation
Fans not holding pre-sold parking passes and arriving after 2:30 p.m., are encouraged to park in downtown. Parking in the Golden Triangle will be available for just $5 in the (9) Parking Authority Garages. Check for space availability via iPhone (ParkPGH); Mobile (m.parkpgh.org); SMS/Text and Voice (412-423-8980).
Fans are encouraged to ride the FREE "T" from the four Golden Triangle stations to the North Side Station just outside of PNC Park's Trib-Total Media Home Plate Gate.
Parking is also available at:
- Station Square Gateway Clipper Shuttles - The Gateway Clipper will take fans directly to PNC Park from this location. Children six-years-old and under are free.
- River Avenue Lots -
- From West I-376 or East I-376, take I-279 (Ft Duquesne Bridge) northbound to Exit 1D (on right) to Chestnut Ramp (on right); then right on Chestnut Street and right at traffic signal.
- From North I-279, take Exit 2B to East Street and East Ohio Street eastbound to Chestnut Street southbound.
- From North Route 28, take East Ohio Street to Chestnut Street southbound.
Also, fans who prefer to park west of Allegheny Avenue, can ride the "T" for free from the Allegheny Station outside of Heinz Field to the North Side Station just outside of PNC Park. Parking includes:
- Carnegie Science Lots
- Ridge Avenue Lots
- Fulton Avenue Lot - This lot is located on the north side of the West End Bridge
- For Fans Over 21 -- Rivers Casino Garage - Due to Rivers Casino policy, everyone in the vehicle must be 21 years or older to enter the garage.
Gate Policy Reminders
The Pirates ask that all fans follow some simple tips to ensure easy entrance to the ballpark:
- Please allow for additional time when coming to the game.
- Please minimize all unnecessary bags and metal objects when coming into the ballpark.
- When approaching the security screener, please hold keys, cell phones and any other metal objects out of pockets and in your hands.
Each Guest is permitted to bring one bag into the ballpark. In conjunction with MLB, PNC Park regulations provide that bags, purses, fanny packs and backpacks 16x16x8-inch or smaller are permitted. All bags are subject to search upon entry and within the ballpark. Soft-sided coolers and soft-sided briefcases are permitted. Hard-sided coolers and briefcases, ice packs and cooler inserts are NOT permitted. For the convenience of those Guests not carrying purses, fanny packs and bags into the ballpark, express lanes are offered at each gate.
Guests are permitted to bring bottled water and food that may fit into a 16x16x8-inch soft-sided bag into the ballpark. Water bottles should not exceed 24 ounces in size, and must be clear, plastic, sealed and disposable. Children's juice boxes and items necessary for medical purposes are permitted. Alcoholic beverages, carbonated beverages, sports drinks, cans, glass bottles and thermoses are not allowed.
Hazardous or disruptive items cannot be brought into the ballpark. Samples of items that are not permitted include boom boxes, inflatable balls, balloons, Frisbee discs, laser pointers, fireworks, footballs and weapons of any kind. The Pirates reserve the right to inspect and remove any packages and/or containers.
Fans coming to the game can put a message on the scoreboard the same as any other regular season game through the Bucco Billboard program. Please visit pirates.com/scoreboardmessages for more info.
Pirates Charities 50/50 Raffles
The Pirates Charities 50/50 Raffle that took place throughout the season, will also take place during the National League Wild Card. Raffle ticket prices are three (3) tickets for $5, 10 tickets for $10 and 40 tickets for $20 with all proceeds benefiting Pirates Charities. Raffle ticket sales close after the last out in the sixth inning. The winning number will be drawn and announced in the 8th inning and the winner will receive 50 percent of the total pot. Winning numbers are also posted on www.pirates.com/5050raffle within three business days.
Best Baseball for Your Buck
In June of 2013, the Pirates were named by the Wall Street Journal "Market Watch" as the best baseball team for your buck. The article compared all 30 Major League Baseball teams' secondary market pricing and level of play during the 2013 season. The Pirates won 50 home games in a season for the first time since 1992.
Rubber Duck on the River
The Rubber Duck Project, an outdoor art installation, launched the Pittsburgh International Festival of Firsts, a project of The Pittsburgh Cultural Trust on Friday, September 27 and will stay through Sunday, October 20, 2013. The Rubber Duck Project is making its U.S. debut in Pittsburgh and will not make another appearance anywhere else in the world for three months following the time in Pittsburgh. Different versions of it have appeared since 2007 in Hong Kong, Sydney, Sao Paulo, Amsterdam and elsewhere. The Pittsburgh version will be made locally, under the direction of the artist, Florentijn Hofman of the Netherlands. The Rubber Duck Project is an inflatable piece of art made of PVC, four stories tall and three stories wide.
Reserve 2014 Tickets
Be a part of the excitement of Pirates baseball for the 2014 season and place a deposit today on 2014 Season Tickets! By placing a $500 non-refundable deposit per seat for full season plan or a $250 non-refundable deposit per seat for a 2014 partial season plan, you will establish your priority for picking out seat locations for the 2014 season. For more information and to place a deposit on 2014 season ticket packages visit pirates.com/tickets or call 1-800-BUY-BUCS.