The Pirates return to PNC Park from a six-game road trip that took them to Colorado and St. Louis. The team comes back to town for a three-game series with the Arizona Diamondbacks before leaving for a West Coast road trip. The 10th homestand of the 2013 season will be highlighted by Stand Up To Cancer Night on Friday, August 16 and Kids Day on Sunday, August 18.
Friday, August 16, 2013-Pirates vs. Arizona Diamondbacks (7:05 p.m.)
• STAND UP TO CANCER NIGHT: Tonight special ticket packages were sold as part of Stand Up To Cancer Night at PNC Park. Each ticket included a $10 donation to SU2C, a seat in the special SU2C section (Upper Level Bleacher Reserved), an SU2C cap and more. The night will also include:
o Resource Fair: Many local organizations will have representatives on Federal Street during the Block Party to distribute information and partner with the Pirates for SU2C Night. Organizations include Allegheny Health Network, Gilda's Club, Susan G. Komen Pittsburgh, Make-A-Wish, A Glimmer of Hope, Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, Highmark Caring Place, and more.
o Additional Fundraising Opportunities on Federal Street: An opportunity to sign the Banner in honor/memory of a loved one ($5 donation)
• This banner will be moved inside the ballpark, on the RiverWalk, at 7pm for fans inside to have the opportunity to sign as well. It will remain available for signatures through the 6th inning.
• An SU2C awareness band ($5 donation)
• An SU2C t-shirt; Men's & Women's sizes available ($20 donation)
•An opportunity to participate in the Pirates Charities/SU2C pregame silent auction/raffle.
o SU2C Cards: All fans will receive an SU2C cheer card, courtesy of Trib Total Media, at the PNC Park gates and will be asked to stand in the seventh inning in support of someone they love.
o Pirates Charities 50/50 Raffle: All proceeds from tonight's Pirates Charities 50/50 Raffle will benefit Stand Up To Cancer.
o Pirates Wives Basket Raffle: The Pirates player's wives will host a Stand Up To Cancer basket raffle
outside of Main Guest Relations, behind section 119. The baskets will be filled with the players' favorite items, including autographed items. The raffle will conclude at the end of 6th inning and all proceeds will benefit Stand Up To Cancer, winners need not be present.
o Pirates Authentics: The Hunt Auction kiosk, located behind section 125, will donate a portion of their
proceeds from the evening to Stand Up To Cancer.
• Friday Block Party: Tonight is another Friday Budweiser Block Party on Federal Street. Fans will enjoy live music featuring East Coast Turnaround and can party on the street with food & beer sales. Pirates' alumni Grant Jackson will be the special guest bartender at the Budweiser Bar located on Federal Street.
• Free Shirt Friday: The Pirates popular Free Shirt Friday continues as all fans, with paid admission, will receive a free Pirates tee courtesy of Trib Total Media.
• Check Card Game: As part of the many fan-friendly values at PNC Park, tonight is a PNC Bank Check Card game. Fans can save up to $10 on tickets for select games throughout the season simply by using a PNC Bank Check Card. For complete details, visit pirates.com/pnccheckcard.
Saturday, August 17, 2013-Pirates vs. Arizona Diamondbacks (4:05 p.m.)
• Batting Practice Cap: Today the first 25,000 fans to enter the gates at PNC Park will receive a Pirates batting practice cap, presented by Kennametal.
• Scratch and Win: Everyone is a winner with the special Scratch 'n Win presented by Eat 'n Park. All fans will receive a scratch-off ticket upon entering PNC Park with an opportunity to win one of several great prizes.
Sunday, August 18, 2013-Pirates vs. Arizona Diamondbacks (1:35 p.m.) Kids Day
• Kids Day: Come down early and join the fun as the #1 Cochran Family Fun Zone will be open on Federal Street from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Lined up outside PNC Park will be inflatable rides, face painting, information about the Bucaroos Kids Club and more.
• Walker Jersey Cooler: Today all kids 14 and under with paid admission will receive a kids Neil Walker jersey cooler bag, courtesy of Sincerely Yogurt.
• Kids Run the Bases: Kids attending today's game are invited to stick around after to run the bases on the field at PNC Park.
• Advantage Card Game: As part of the many fan-friendly values at PNC Park, today is a Giant Eagle Advantage Card game. Fans can save up to $10 on select tickets for every Sunday home game. For complete details, visit pirates.com/advantagecard.
Reserve 2014 tickets to get 2013 Postseason Priority
Be a part of the excitement of Pirates baseball for the 2014 season and receive 2013 Postseason priority for any potential games played at PNC Park. Place a deposit today on 2014 Season Tickets and get priority for purchasing 2013 Postseason tickets. By placing a $500 non-refundable deposit per seat for a 2014 full season plan or a $250 non-refundable deposit per seat for a 2014 partial season plan, fans will establish priority for picking out seat locations for the 2014 season. And a new 2014 Full Season deposit comes with 2013 Postseason ticket access as it guarantees an opportunity to purchase a "full strip" of tickets to every home playoff game played in 2013 (MAX of 4). A new 2014 Partial Season deposit comes with 2013 Postseason priority. This deposit process is for NEW Season Ticket accounts only. Existing Season Ticket Holders will be contacted by the Pirates regarding 2014 renewals and 2013 Postseason ticket opportunities. For more information and to place a deposit on 2014 season ticket packages visit pirates.com/tickets or call 1-800-BUY-BUCS.
Perfect Road Trip
The Pirates have teamed up with Western Pennsylvania Honda Dealers to offer the "Perfect Road Trip" promotion that will take place through Saturday, August 31. During the promotion, everyone who test drives a 2013 Honda Civic Coupe or Sedan at participating dealerships will receive a pair of Pirates tickets (while supplies last) for the Sunday, September 15 game at PNC Park. During that game 10 finalists will be on the field at PNC Park to take part in a special pregame ceremony to determine the Grand Prize winner of a two (2) year lease of a 2013 Honda Civic Sedan LX, a $500 PNC Visa gift card and tickets to a Pirates road game in 2014. To register for "The Perfect Road Trip" Grand Prize and for complete information, visit pirates.com/roadtrip or one of 14 Western Pennsylvania Honda dealerships.
Pirates Charities 50/50 Raffles
New for the 2013 season are the Pirates Charities 50/50 Raffles. The 50/50 Raffles will take place during each Pirates home game throughout the season. Raffle ticket prices are three (3) tickets for $5, 10 tickets for $10 and 40 tickets for $20 with all proceeds benefiting Pirates Charities. Raffle ticket sales close after the last out in the sixth inning. The winning number will be drawn and announced in the 8th inning and the winner will receive 50 percent of the total pot. Winning numbers will also be posted on www.pirates.com/5050raffle within three business days.
The Hunt Auctions kiosk, specializing in sports memorabilia, including game-used and authenticated items, is located behind section 125 on the main concourse at PNC Park. Unique items are available each homestand and fans will have the opportunity to purchase items at the kiosk or at pirates.com/authentics.
• Featured at the Hunt Auction kiosk this homestand is autographed 2013 All-Star Game memorabilia.
Wins for Kids
During the 2013 season, Pirates Charities is again partnering with manager Clint Hurdle, his wife Karla and ROOT SPORTS to present the Wins for Kids fundraising campaign. The campaign encourages fans to donate a dollar amount for every Pirates win during the season or make a one-time donation to the program. All funds raised will benefit Pirates Charities and the Children's Institute of Pittsburgh's Prader-Willi Syndrome Program. For more information about the Wins for Kids and to learn how to make a donation, visit pirates.com/winsforkids.
2013 Bucaroos Kids Club
The Bucaroos Kids Club is open to all kids ages 14 and younger. The club offers special member-only benefits and has two great membership options-one of which is free. Fans can visit pirates.com/bucaroos to learn more about the different membership options and how to earn free game ticket vouchers, great gear and access to our exclusive Rewards Program.
Where's the Parrot?
The Pirate Parrot is active in and around the community as an ambassador of the Pirates organization. Below are a few of the upcoming events he will be attending in the Greater Pittsburgh Area.
• The Pirate Parrot will be attending the One SMALL Step for Prader-Willi Syndrome on Saturday, August 17 from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. at North Boundary Park in Cranberry Township.
• The Pirate Parrot will be attending the Discover Pittsburgh even on Tuesday, August 20 from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at the William Pitt Union Lawn - University of Pittsburgh.
• The Pirate Parrot will be attending the Munhall Borough Community Day on Saturday, August 24 from 10 to 10:30 a.m.
• The Pirate Parrot will be attending the Giant Eagle Customer Appreciation event on Sunday, August 25 from 2 to 3 p.m. at the Waterworks Giant Eagle. To schedule your visit by the Pirate Parrot, please call (412) 325-4730 or email email@example.com.
Dynamic Pricing Section
New for 2013, the Pirates have expanded their dynamic pricing system to include both the Bleacher Reserve and Upper Bleacher Reserve sections of PNC Park. Tickets for the 2,400 seats, located in left field, will be placed on sale 10-days prior to each home game. The initial ticket price will then be adjusted- both lower and higher- in real time, based on several factors. This homestand features... For the complete list of games and to find the on-sale dates, visit pirates.com/dynamic.
Pirates Season Ticket Plans
Pirates 20-game and 10-game ticket plans are still available for the 2013 season. Partial-season ticket plans feature exclusive benefits including guaranteed seats for the biggest games and much more. For more information regarding purchasing a season ticket plan, call 1-800-BUY-BUCS or visit pirates.com/tickets.
2013 Fan Values
• The Pirates are pleased to offer special ticket prices for all remaining home games for kids ages 14 and younger in select sections of PNC Park. Save up to $8 on kid's single game tickets, visit pirates.com/tickets for more details.
• The All You Can Eat seats presented by Pepsi are back at PNC Park. For just $42 fans can enjoy all the hot dogs, hamburgers, nachos, salads, popcorn, peanuts, ice cream and soda they can eat for one low price. For more information and to order tickets fans can visit pirates.com/allyoucaneat.
• The Pepsi Max Pack returns for all Friday and Sunday games throughout the 2013 season. Each pack consists of one Outfield Box seat, one regular hot dog, one soft pretzel, and one regular Pepsi product, all for only $28. For more information on Pepsi Max Packs or to purchase tickets, visit pirates.com/pepsimax.
For a complete list of the 2013 Pirates promotions and special events, visit pirates.com/promotions.