Saturday, May 4, 2013 - Pirates vs. Washington Nationals (4:05 p.m.)
- Game Time Reminder: Today's first pitch was changed from the originally scheduled 7:05 p.m. to 4:05 p.m. and will now be televised nationally on FOX. The game time change was originally announced on March 11, 2013.
- Field Maintenance Clinic: The Pirates and Baseball Tomorrow Fund will host a field maintenance clinic from 11 a.m. to noon at PNC Park. The educational clinic for local youth baseball and softball organizations will be led by members of the Pirates grounds crew and will feature information on field preparation and maintenance.
- Chuck Tanner Award: The Pittsburgh Rotary will present the 2012 Chuck Tanner Manager of the Year award to Nationals Manager Davey Johnson in an on-field ceremony.
- Scratch and Win: Everyone is a winner with the special Scratch 'n Win presented by Eat 'n Park. All fans will receive a scratch-off ticket upon entering PNC Park and will win one of several special Eat 'n Park prizes.
Sunday, May 5, 2013 - Pirates vs. Washington Nationals (1:35 p.m.) Kids Day
- Umbrella Day: Today all kids ages 14 and under will receive a Pirates kids pierogy umbrella courtesy of Mrs. T's Pierogies.
- Kids Day: Come down early and join the fun as the #1 Cochran Family Fun Zone will be open on Federal Street from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Lined up outside PNC Park will be inflatable rides, face painting, information about the Bucaroos Kids Club and more.
- Kids Run the Bases: Kids attending today's game are invited to stick around after to run the bases on the field at PNC Park.
- Advantage Card Game: As part of the many fan-friendly values at PNC Park, today is a Giant Eagle Advantage Card game. Fans can save up to $10 on select tickets for every Sunday home game. For complete details, visit pirates.com/advantagecard.
- Jacob's Ride: Today Jacob Landis will visit PNC Park as a special guest of the Pirates and will be recognized in a pregame on-field ceremony as the Fan of the Game. Deaf by age 10, Jacob received a cochlear implant allowing him to be fully functional in the hearing world. Riding across the country stopping at all 30 Major League Baseball stadiums, Jacob hopes to raise $1 million for others who could benefit from a cochlear implant, but cannot afford one. Follow Jacob's Ride at jacobsride.com.
- Latino Celebration: Tonight from 6 to 9 p.m. the Pirates and the Pittsburgh Metropolitan Area Hispanic Chamber of Commerce will host an evening of Latino celebration in the Keystone Corner (Club level) at PNC Park. The night will include Latino food, music and dancing as well as an opportunity to mingle with Pirates players, coaches, and front office executives. Atendees are asked to bring a new piece of baseball or softball equipment that will be donated to the Latino Family Center for Youth and our sister city in Mexico via the P-squared Project.
Monday, May 6, 2013 - Off Day
Tuesday, May 7, 2013 - Pirates vs. Seattle Mariners (7:05 p.m.)
- Pups in the Park: Fans can bring their pooch to the park as the Pirates and Rachel Ray Nutrish present Pup Nights at PNC Park. Each ticket package (1 person 1 dog) costs just $25 with additional human tickets available for $25 each. A portion of the proceeds benefit local animal shelters and seats are limited and subject to availability. For complete information and to order tickets fans can visit pirates.com/pups.
Wednesday, May 8, 2013 - Pirates vs. Seattle Mariners (12:35 p.m.)
- Lunch with the Bucs: Need to get out of the office? Do Lunch with the Bucs, sponsored by Trib Total Media. Infield Grandstand tickets are just $17 and come with $5 in loaded value (save $6) and Outfield Box seats are just $28 and have $10 in loaded value (save $10). Loaded Value is a credit on your ticket(s) that can be used during the game at concession and merchandise stands throughout PNC Park. For more information visit pirates.com/lunch.
Pirates Charities 50/50 Raffles
New for the 2013 season are the Pirates Charities 50/50 Raffles. The 50/50 Raffles will take place during each Pirates home game throughout the season. Raffle ticket prices are three (3) tickets for $5, 10 tickets for $10 and 40 tickets for $20 with all proceeds benefiting Pirates Charities. Raffle ticket sales close after the last out in the sixth inning. The winning number will be drawn announced in the 8th inning and the winner will receive 50 percent of the total pot. Winning numbers will also be posted on pirates.com/5050raffle within three business days.
Take The Fort to School
Parents can now enter online only for a chance to have Pirates catcher Michael "The Fort" McKenry visit their child's school this school year. The "Take The Fort to School" program presented by Trib Total Media, is open to all residents in the greater Pittsburgh area. Parents are asked to enter for their children, and anyone submitting an entry must be at least 18 years of age. For complete information, or to enter your child in the "Take The Fort to School" program presented by Trib Total Media, visit pirates.com/TakeForttoSchool. The deadline to enter is Monday, May 6 and entries will be limited to one per person.
Take the Field
Now for only $25 fans can purchase a pass to watch 2013 postgame concerts from the field at PNC Park. Pass holders will be accompanied to the infield of PNC Park to experience the postgame concert from the base of the stage. Fans can now purchase passes to watch one or all of the four postgame concerts from the field by visiting pirates.com/field. *Game tickets and field passes sold separately.
Cruise for a Cure
The Pirate Parrot, in partnership with Mosites Motorsports and Pirates Charities, is once again going to bat in the fight against prostate cancer. Over the past three years of the Pirate Parrot's Cruise to Cure Prostate Cancer, generous fans and sponsors have donated more than $35,000 to prostate cancer research through The Western Pennsylvania Prostate Cancer Foundation. Fans can now join in the fun with two new events:
- The Pirates invite all motorcycle riders to join the Parrot for his "Poker Run" on Saturday, June 15. During the ride, participants will visit four locations around the Pittsburgh area collecting Pirates player cards in an effort to have their "hand" match the Pirates starting lineup for the June 15th game against the Dodgers. Participants with the best hand will win great Pirates prizes including the chance to change the bases during the game!
- The Pirates invite all motorcycle riders to join the Parrot for a "Weekend Cruise to Cure Prostate Cancer" on Friday, July 19 thru Saturday July 20. Interested riders will meet at PNC Park at 8 a.m. on July 19 and travel with the Pirate Parrot to Cincinnati for the Reds vs. Pirates game at Great American Ball Park. Participants will receive a Pirates Cruise to Cure Prostate Cancer T-Shirt and a game ticket.
For more information about the Cruise for a Cure and to find out how to donate, visit pirates.com/cruise.
The Pirates are partnering with Mylan Specialty L.P. to host the second annual Allergy Awareness Night at PNC Park on Friday, May 31 as the Pirates take on the Cincinnati Reds at 7:05 p.m. The Pirates have reserved The Deck for fans - along with their families and friends - affected by life-threatening peanut allergies. The Pirates will also be providing tips throughout the game to help all fans be more aware of life-threatening allergic reactions. Tickets are only $20 and include $10 in loaded value and are available thru advance purchase only at pirates.com/allergyfriendly.
Wins for Kids
During the 2013 season, Pirates Charities will again partner with manager Clint Hurdle, his wife Karla and ROOT SPORTS to present the Wins for Kids fundraising campaign. The campaign encourages fans to donate a dollar amount for every Pirates win during the season or make a one-time donation to the program. All funds raised will benefit Pirates Charities and the Children's Institute of Pittsburgh's Prader-Willi Syndrome Program. For more information about the Wins for Kids and to learn how to make a donation, visit pirates.com/winsforkids.
2013 Bucaroos Kids Club
The Bucaroos Kids Club is open to all kids ages 14 and younger. The club offers special member-only benefits and has two great membership options - one of which is free. Fans can visit pirates.com/bucaroos to learn more about the different membership options and how to earn free game ticket vouchers, great gear and access to our exclusive Rewards Program.
2013 Lady Bucs Club
Lady Pirates fans are invited to gather their friends and join the Lady Bucs Club. Experience Pirates baseball in an exciting new way as membership includes one (1) ticket to two (2) Lady Bucs party nights seating in the Baseline Box, membership card and access to each of the four (4) pregame Lady Bucs Club parties in the Pirates Picnic Park. Check out pirates.com/ladybucs for membership costs and a list of detailed benefits.
Where's the Parrot?
The Pirate Parrot is active in and around the community as an ambassador of the Pirates organization. Below are a few of the upcoming events he will be attending in the Greater Pittsburgh Area.
- On Saturday, May 4 the Pirate Parrot will be appearing at the "It's a Perfect Pitch" Softball/Baseball Camp for the School for the Deaf from 10:30 a.m. to noon at the All American Baseball Center in Trafford, PA.
- On Monday, May 6 the Pirate Parrot will be appearing at the AIS Tech Convention from 5 to 6 p.m. at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center.
- On Saturday, May 11 the Pirate Parrot will be appearing at the Hearts in the Park Walk on Saturday from 8:15 to 9:15 a.m. at Allegheny Commons Park on the North Side. He also will visit the Emerald of Mt. Washington 5K and Festival from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. at Grandview Park. In addition, the Parrot will be appearing at the Avalon Apple Blossom Festival from noon to 1 p.m. in Avalon, PA
- On Sunday, May 12 the Pirate Parrot will be at the second annual Pittsburgh Officers Down 5K from 11 a.m. to noon in South Park. For more information on the event, please visit www.positivemovementz.com.
To schedule your visit by the Pirate Parrot, please call (412) 325-4730 or email email@example.com.
Dynamic Pricing Section
New for 2013, the Pirates have expanded their dynamic pricing system to include both the Bleacher Reserve and Upper Bleacher Reserve sections of PNC Park. Tickets for the 2,400 seats, located in left field, will be placed on sale 10-days prior to each home game. The initial ticket price will then be adjusted- both lower and higher- in real time, based on several factors. As of May 2, this homestand features $10 tickets in the Upper Bleacher Reserved seats for Sunday, May 5 vs. the Nationals. For the complete list of games and to find the on-sale dates, visit pirates.com/dynamic.
Pirates Season Ticket Plans
Full Season, 41-game, 20-game and 10-game season ticket plans are available for the 2013 season. Full and partial-season ticket plans feature exclusive benefits including guaranteed seats for the biggest games, discounted ticket prices, invitations to special season ticket holder events featuring Pirates players and executives, plus much more. For more information regarding purchasing a season ticket plan, call 1-800-BUY-BUCS or visit pirates.com/tickets.
2013 Fan Values
- The Pirates are pleased to offer special ticket prices for all 81 home games for kids ages 14 and younger in select sections of PNC Park. Save up to $8 on kid's single game tickets, visit pirates.com/tickets for more details.
- The All You Can Eat seats presented by Pepsi are back at PNC Park. For just $42 fans can enjoy all the hot dogs, hamburgers, nachos, salads, popcorn, peanuts, ice cream and soda they can eat for one low price. For more information and to order tickets fans can visit pirates.com/allyoucaneat.
- The Pepsi Max Pack returns for all Friday and Sunday games throughout the 2013 season. Each pack consists of one Outfield Box seat, one regular hot dog, one soft pretzel, and one regular Pepsi product, all for only $28. For more information on Pepsi Max Packs or to purchase tickets, visit pirates.com/pepsimax.
For a complete list of the 2013 Pirates promotions and special events, visit pirates.com/promotions.