Hours for PirateFest are as follows:
• Friday, December 14 Exclusively for Pirates Season Ticket Holders only
• Saturday, December 15 12:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
• Sunday, December 16 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Last year’s PirateFest saw 16,574 fans attend the festive event, the second-largest crowd since moving the annual event to the convention center in 2003. This year’s event will feature the following:
• Free autograph sessions with current and former Pirates players and coaches.
• Opportunity to purchase 2013 season and individual game tickets.
• All fans attending PirateFest will receive a 2013 Pirates wall calendar, 2013 pocket schedule and PirateFest program upon entrance.
• A 60 foot replica baseball field to host Youth Baseball Clinics with Pirates coaches.
• Q & A sessions with Pirates executives, coaches and players.
• The chance for fans to join players in versions of “Card Sharks” or “Let’s Make A Deal”, take on Pirates players in Wii Home Run Derby, play “Deal Or No Deal” and take part in pierogie eating contests, sponsored by Mrs. T’s Pierogies.
• Kids Fun Zone featuring many activities for children.
• “Pirates Authentics” area to include game-used jerseys, bats, baseballs and more available for purchase.
• A charity raffle with proceeds to benefit Pirates Charities.
• Inflatable rides, batting cages and carnival games.
• Central Blood Bank will be hosting a Blood Drive for the general public on Saturday, December 15 and Sunday, December 16 (hours TBD) with all participating donors receiving free entry into PirateFest on Saturday or Sunday.
• Information on 2013 Pirates Season Ticket Packages and Group Outings.
• Information on the Pirates 2013 promotional schedule.
*players, coaches and schedules subject to change
Fans are also encouraged to donate a new toy at the Pirates Charities booth throughout the weekend. Fans making a donation of any kind will receive a special Pirates gift.
Tickets for PirateFest will go on sale on Thursday, November 1 at 10 a.m. Tickets are $12.00 for adults and $6.00 for fans ages 14 and younger and can be purchased in advance at www.pirates.com/piratefest, by calling 1-800-BUY-BUCS or at the door at the convention center. Fans can visit www.pirates.com/piratefest for more information on the full schedule of events throughout the weekend. Schedules will be updated as they are finalized, so fans are encouraged to visit the site regularly.