The Pittsburgh Pirates announced that they will host PirateFest--presented by T-Mobile-- at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center on Saturday, December 15 and Sunday, December 16. This marks the 23rd year of the Pirates-themed indoor baseball carnival with activities for the entire family featuring live events, free autograph sessions with current and former Pirates players, the ability to purchase tickets for the 2013 season, prizes, games, youth baseball clinics, the Pirate Parrot and much more.
Hours for PirateFest are as follows:
• Friday, December 14 Exclusively for Pirates Season Ticket Holders only
• Saturday, December 15 12:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
• Sunday, December 16 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Last year’s PirateFest saw 16,574 fans attend the festive event, the second-largest crowd since moving the annual event to the convention center in 2003. This year’s event will feature the following:
• Free autograph sessions with current and former Pirates players and coaches.
• Opportunity to purchase 2013 season and individual game tickets.
• All fans attending PirateFest will receive a 2013 Pirates wall calendar, 2013 pocket schedule and PirateFest program upon entrance.
• A 60 foot replica baseball field to host Youth Baseball Clinics with Pirates coaches.
• Q & A sessions with Pirates executives, coaches and players.
• The chance for fans to join players in versions of “Card Sharks” or “Let’s Make A Deal”, take on Pirates players in Wii Home Run Derby, play “Deal Or No Deal” and take part in pierogie eating contests, sponsored by Mrs. T’s Pierogies.
• Kids Fun Zone featuring many activities for children.
• “Pirates Authentics” area to include game-used jerseys, bats, baseballs and more available for purchase.
• A charity raffle with proceeds to benefit Pirates Charities.
• Inflatable rides, batting cages and carnival games.
• Central Blood Bank will be hosting a Blood Drive for the general public on Saturday, December 15 and Sunday, December 16 (hours TBD) with all participating donors receiving free entry into PirateFest on Saturday or Sunday.
• Information on 2013 Pirates Season Ticket Packages and Group Outings.
• Information on the Pirates 2013 promotional schedule.
*players, coaches and schedules subject to change
Fans are also encouraged to donate a new toy at the Pirates Charities booth throughout the weekend. Fans making a donation of any kind will receive a special Pirates gift.
Tickets for PirateFest will go on sale on Thursday, November 1 at 10 a.m. Tickets are $12.00 for adults and $6.00 for fans ages 14 and younger and can be purchased in advance at www.pirates.com/piratefest, by calling 1-800-BUY-BUCS or at the door at the convention center. Fans can visit www.pirates.com/piratefest for more information on the full schedule of events throughout the weekend. Schedules will be updated as they are finalized, so fans are encouraged to visit the site regularly.